India, the second largest nation on earth, has a billion people representing 4,635 distinct people groups who speak 1,652 languages. India is a nation of ironies and contrasts--possessing sophisticated technology to create nuclear weapons, yet more than 600 million of her people live in abject poverty.
- 80 percent of the population is steeped in the Hindu religion and tradition, while only 2.4 percent call themselves Christian. Surprisingly, with as many as 140 million Muslims, India is actually considered the second largest Muslim nation in the world.
- Our Indian staff creates customized, indigenous programming with national speakers in 3 key languages. Hindi, Tamil and Telugu language programs are produced and recorded in India. Tamil and English programs are produced in Lincoln then tailored to fit the Indian culture.
- In a culture where social status prevents many people from receiving equal treatment, radio is providing equal access to the Gospel by building bridges across many cultural barriers.
- Dedicated staff in six regional offices follow up an average of 70,000 letters a year. Through prayer and follow up literature, thousands have turned to Christ.
- Church planting efforts through the work of 30 national missionary workers committed to bringing the Gospel to rural communities has resulted in the planting of new churches in areas without access to radios.
- India's Website: www.indiagateway.net/backtothebible/index.html
"I am getting your magazine Confident Living regularly, and also received the beautiful calendar. Many thanks for it. Jan/Feb issue's articles "Skipping the Church" and "Attending A Church." I read with much interest and I am very happy to say that Lord spoke to me through these wonderful messages. Confident Living articles are very useful for the present day living. It's really a great help to build up our faith in the Lord. Thank you."
(Testimony from India)